Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Virgin Girls

Why isn't there a purity ball for boys. Wouldn't it be easier for a girl to keep her virginity if she wasn't being pressured by a boy. Parents fail to forget that many girls are pressured into sex. Why don't you talk to boys....tell them that when their friends talk about having sex 9 times out of 10 they are lying, or be comfortable with yourself to not care what others are doing and/or what they think about you.

Oh man! this is a debate. What happens to those who wait until marriage and find out that they don't like it. Marriages that lead to divorce because of intimacy issues. Oh, they don't mention that. Or, sexless marriages, spouses that cheat. Funny thing, my grandmother of a 50+ marriage once said to me she wish she had experienced another man before settling.

I wonder how many of these girls actually....well, which ones didn't wait. Ok, there was one story. I hate parents that try to make there kids feel guilty, especially for something like sex. Like, COME ON, REALLY! Now, if your daughter waits that for herself, thats another thing.

Ok...I do not have a good relationship with my father --he's not one I can talk to about anything and our conversations are usually volatile or less than 4 sentences long yet, he raised me and he was in my life, took care of me, etc.; he was very responsible man when it came to his kids; both a mom and dad; men like my father are rare in hard to fine....very rare). GRANTED, that [he] could be the reason why my past relationships with guys did go so well, at the same time, I never ran to a man for companionship. I've never looked to a guy to feel loved and I grew up thinking and feeling like my father didn't love me (he did, but his way of showing it isn't... I want to say traditional, but what is traditional??? basically, my pops wasn't and isn't the hugging type. we don't kiss. we don't tell each other we love one another. there is no affection whatsoever), though he did. I just didn't know it then.

My thing is, when you have sex let it be with someone you trust. Let it be a friend. Let it be something that you are ready for, not pressured. You DO NOT have to be in love. I wasn't in love my first time, I was curious. My stepsister who was boy crazy needed me to tag along so she could see a boy, he had a friend, and it put me in a situation where #1) I would have never put myself in alone, and #2) The perfect setting to have sex, so I did it. My friends tell me I had a crush on the boy and said he would be the one, which I do not remember. I know I wasn't in love and the only reason I had sex with him is because she was suppose to move to another state, so I thought I would never see him again. Boy, was I wrong....1st day of school, freshman orientation. He was there, I was shocked. I noticed him and dodged, acted like I didn't see him, completely brushed off. LOL. I will never forget that day. LOL. Yeaaaah, I wasn't the usual girl. Later that day, he approached me about it. I lied and said I didn't see him. I wonder if he believed me :) Anyway, Im rambling. I just wanted to share that experience.

Moral of my story is....I'm glad I wasn't in love. I saw how many girls got wrapped up in guys and I'm glad that wasn't my story, though the second worse thing happened. He spread all these horrible rumors about me around school saying I was sleeping with all these guys. After that, I vowed to never be in that position again. I blew guys off. I chose not to live up to the rumors.

I wish my father had prepared me for that. Then again, your ventures build you and it built me. I hated dude for years and till this day every once in a blue I think about the past, but I learning to let go, plus I heard his life isn't so great. Guess what goes around comes around one way or another. One other thing, know who you're with. Very important to know who you are dealing with.