Thursday, June 2, 2011

Askmen.com: How to Recover from Relationship Mistakes


Im not to sure how I feel about this video by Askmen.com. Hiding a mistake may only make matters worse, especially if you get caught. Then, the question arises, "Well why didn't you tell me?" Uhhh....

This is a catch 22 situation and it all depends on the magnitude of the mistake you made. Some mistakes are forgivable and others are not worth forgiving. After watching this video, I'm only left to feel like these views come from a man who cheated. People mistakes and no one person is perfect, so its expected. What it all boils down to is how much your partner values your relationship. If they value the partnership, then they will see past your mistakes in hopes that you both shall grow from it.

Sounds like the real question here should be, "How do I get away with hiding a secret without getting caught?" or "I cheated, how do I get away with my girlfriend finding out?"

Remember when you lie, you have to continue lying. When you continue to lie, you have to remember the lies that you made up before. Lying is a full-time job. My advice, just be honest. Honesty strengthens relationship because it builds trust.

On that note, you will do what works best for you!